Radio is an easy way to listen to your music and updates on news, business, sports etc. It has been around for many years now but the popularity is not reducing at all. One proof is the introduction of online internet radio where the ease of accessing to radio services has become even easier. Thanks to the technology, there are more radio channels and fewer struggles to tune into ones favorite radio channel.
What is different about internet radio?
While the technique and use of internet radio is the same as a traditional radio, i.e., to play music or updates and there are many listeners to radio, there are many things that make internet radio different.
- Unlike a traditional radio, where the reception and transmission of sound waves happens through electromagnetic waves with a restricted availability of spectrum, internet radio uses servers and encoder system which translates the audio into streaming format and is sent on the internet with a click and listeners are at ease to use it from anywhere. There are no geographical limits and no signal limits.
- Having the above point, it is also clear that there is an endless variety of music and plenty radio channels to choose from. Whatever type of music one wishes, he can just tune into internet radio and select music type and play music.
- Internet radio can be accompanied by photos, graphics, texts, discussion boards, chat rooms, links etc., it is an interactive way to stay connected with the listeners.
- With no interruptions in the signals by any environmental factors, you get superior sound quality and no hassle of tuning for the exact frequency like in a FM radio.
- Internet radio has the ease of streaming on demand. Usually the listener’s stream in as they like can even share the channel or can even listen to the channel more than one time. For the creator, he has the ease of creating the podcast beforehand which can be downloaded by the listener at any time.
- It is easy for creators to start an online radio both financially and time-wise. With less effort and less costs input for the radio, one can expect a good success. If it does not work also, one can move out of it with fewer losses.
With a variety of choices on the internet, one is free to choose what to listen to when they are online. With the vast range of libraries of music, at no cost either for tuning or a pre-requisite system requirement, one can tune into online radio at any timefor unlimited entertainment.